Thursday, May 24, 2007

My One Hundred

I've seen this done on other people's blogs so i thought I'd give it a go. So here's my one hundred!

1. My full name is Helen Kathryn Elizabeth Coad
2. My Middle name 'Kathryn' is after my mum
3. I was born in Oxford
4. On the 25th August 1987. that makes me 19 years old at the moment.
5. That means i will (hopefully) have a degree before i am 21 years old
6. I have lived in Edinburgh since 1989
7. Although i dont consider myself scottish as half of my family is welsh (all my mum's family)
8. I will always support Wales in the Rugby
9. But never England!
10. I've played the Piano since the age of five
11. I love playing the piano. I dont like not having a piano within close distance!
12. I also love to sing
13. And play the orchestral/pedal harp
14. which i started to play at about 13 years old after starting on the clarsach from 8 yrs old
15. We have a family dog called Cholmondeley (pronounced Chumley)
16. I went to three private schools
17. I moved schools for my second last year and then again for my last year of school
18. I wore uniform all throughout school
19. I go to Durham University
20. At which i am in my second year
21. I study Education Studies with Psychology
22. I had my third and last psychology exam this morning
23. I still have three education exams left which happen next week
24. I have no idea what I want to do when i leave uni
25. But i do know i couldn't stand being in a job where i sat in an office with no windows all day!
26. I love my Lord my God but probably will never be able to enough
27. Simply because i am a human!
28. I love learning about and from God and seeing his plans unravel and seeing how things fit into place!
29. I have two sisters - Sarah is 21 and Anna is 17.
30. that makes me a middle child!
31. My parents are (still) married
32. I like cuddly toys (tho not in an obsessive girly way!)
33. I like everything about winnie the pooh since i was about 5 years old
24. I got a winnie the pooh cuddly toy who you press his hand and he sing(!) for my 5th birthday
25. I have the entire cuddly toy collection of all the winnie the pooh characters
26. But my favourite toy is a dog called mackey who i have had since birth...
27. I love working with kids
28. I love (SU) camps!
29. This summer just been (summer 2006) i did 4 camps within the space of 6 weeks.
30. It was exhausting but amazing and i learnt so much
31. I like lots of different types of music
32. But I really cannot stand "music" that calls itself music but doesn't actually possess a tune or notes
33. My favourite piece of music ever is Handel's Harp Concerto in Bb
34. Which I have learnt and can play on the harp
35. Which makes me happy! :-D
36. I'd like to think i am a happy person
37. I like to talk
38. I like playing the board game "Articulate" (cos it involves talking!)
39. I am useless at sponsored silences
40. My friends would call me loud
41. Kat even said that one day she will give me a volume control
42. But I can be shy
43. Especially around new people
44. It takes for me to know you before i will completely come out of my shell
45. I like drinking tea!
46. In the house i am living in at the moment it would be hard not to!
47. I like wearing bright colours, i dont own much black clothing.
48. I used to be allergic to Denim as a child so i wore leggings (I was a cool kid!)
49. But now i can wear denim and jeans and i like it, it is good
50. I am half way through!! this is getting easier as it goes along! I like cereal, like special K, museli, bran flakes, porridge...
51. I sleep walk...less now than i used to as a child
52. I once set off the burgalur alarm in my Nana's house in the middle of the night but i can't actually remember any of it cos i was sleep walking.
53. I also sleep talk
54. Probably every night altho i wouldn't know as i am sleeping
55. There are quite a few funny incidents involving "orange shoes" although you should ask me if you want to hear more!
56. I like chocolate.
57. I like making lists as sometime my brain alone cannot cope! Lists make me feel organised!
58. I am terrified of snakes. Even the word or watching them on TV. worms are a close second. I can't explain why, they just terrify me.
59. My bedroom is always pretty messy...i like to call it organised mess!
60. I broke my left wrist, ice skating, when i was 11..or 12 years old...and it was on chrsitmas eve.
61. I spent four hours in hospital on christmas day 2005 after eating one cashew nut.
62. I tend to avoid all nuts now (there have been more incidents, im not just paranoid!)
63. My Mummy is a good cook!
64. I love homemade food, nothing will ever be able to beat homemade food.
65. I love my parents very much, but never tell them enough (unintentionally)
66. One day i would love to get married to a man
67. and maybe have some children (a sensible number!)
68. I like people...i like to think of myself as a reasonably social person!
69. Handmade paper is a huge weakness of mine!
70. I love getting arty, covered in paint..or sketching...
71. Or being creative...i once made a windmill costume for a college formal...it is still in my wardrobe at home
72. When making tea i like to match mugs to people or their personalities...it is just a simple way of telling people that you love them and care about them. I think that's very important.
73. I like to help people...or at least i try
74. I love dancing....even if i look like a fool (which is a majority of the time!) it is good to move!
75. I used to do Ballet, Tap and Jazz dancing til i was about 16/17 years old.
76. I really enjoy rowing which i took up when i started uni.
77. I'm not a massive book worm, i don't read tons, but i like to read when i enjoy what im reading.
78. Harry Potter is cool.
79. Being a child of God and a follower of Jesus is EXCITING!
80. I love courgettes. and parsnips. Vegetables are good things.
81. I really dont like mushrooms or fat on meat cos they are slimy in texture (yuk yuk yuk)
82. I played with barbie's and dolls as a child
83. But I also loved lego...i stil have all my model sets in my cupboard at home (underwater sea station, space shuttle station, police boat, fishing boat)...i can't throw it away or break it up!
84. I think i still have all the instructions for making my models in a box in the attic
85. I like writing letters. Nothing is more personal than a letter, it is a great form of communication (altho obv. not the most immdiate for urgent messages, ill allow you that).
86. I'm in the process of knitting myself a cardigan..altho i still have more than half of it to go!
87. Big Brother now annoys me. It has been over used/done.
88. I like normal things like films and stuff.
89. My absolute favourite film is Sister Act (and sister act 2). It is my ultimate cheer up film.
90. I'm going to be a bridesmaid for the first time on the 20th September 2007 and I am SO EXCITED!! i am very excited and the bride is a wonderful person.
91. I like cooking...although i am one the of messiest people in the kitchen ever, and my mother says i am "too artistic"...But apart from that(!).
92. I like listening to people; everyone needs someone to listen to them.
93. 'Neighbours' is a terrible and amazing TV soap!
94. There are a lot of thing i could improve on, do more, and take more time over.
95. I like hot baths when you can get the water at the perfect termperature and you have the time to spend having one!
96. I love getting totally soaked in the rain when you know you can go home and get dry.
97. I love wearing my slippers.
98. I wear glasses for reading/writing/etc. I used to wear them all the time since i was 4 yrs old but at the moment i dont need to. My glasses are pink (not the lenses the frame)!
99. I can't ever wear contact lenses as they will make my eyes worse!
100. I want to and would love to travel.

1 comment:

Amie said...

ok, I also broke a bone at christmas ice skating age 11/12 (I can't remember either...11 I think) I live next to a road called chomondeley (also pronounce chumley) I bought my neice a winnie the pooh that sang when you squeezed the hand from Disneyland when I was 8 (so same year you would have been 5) I loved it lots and kept it until she was born, she still has it, it lost it's t-shirt and doesn't play anymore-it's been very loved) I love articulate, sleep talk and also think mugs are important and hand made paper should not be resisted. Most of all, I am also very excited you are going to be a bridesmaid on Sept 20th!!!