well i did actually go for a swin today so quite pleased i got around to doing that. only did 30 lengths in half anhour so was going quite slowly but then again its quite a long pool! non of this teeny weeny pool stuff that goes on durham, my pool at home is probably double the length. Anyhow. Also went for a dog walk down by the sea (tho its a scummy minging beach, you so dont want to spend the day on that beach!) but its nice apart from the beach! And then we were stuck in a traffic queue the way back home (i think it was rush hour) so i had this panting roasting hot dog in the back of the car. So when i got home, i threw a jug of fridge cold water over him to cool him down. He porbably hated me at the time but i think he appreciated it really!
And now i am about to start the most mammoth pile of ironing you've ever seen in your life. Man i dont know why i do it but somehow ironign is quite theraputic...and you get to watch the TV at the same time. And a bit of a workout for the arms; "my helen how did you get such toned arms?" "o you know, bit of ironing, does wonders you know!" - yean i wish. What do you think?! Had to go round to the neighbours to borrow their iron as my mum had taken ours to do hammer beads as a craft at camp so alas no iron in the house. But they said they hardly do any ironing anyway so there we go!
Now Kat, Ffion, BREATH IN, BREATH OUT. BREATH IN, BREATH OUT.
Tonight i realised that i am the messiest cook ever! I attempted at cooking some kind of creamy chicken thing like the thing amie made at houseparty and it didnt actually taste too bad also the white sauce started off a disaster, i couldnt get rid of the lumps and cos i weasnt really paying attention to that pan the butter started to burn so i had to start again and even then i had to get the whisk out to kill the lumps. And by the way, how are you meant to tell when potatoes are boiled? I mean like for cakes, you stick a knife in and if it comes out clean then they're cooked, but then potatoes, how do you tell?!anyway, happens they were cooked by some coninsident, but then i realised i hadnt any greens so i had to boil my peas qwhile keeping my chicken its its sauce and potatoes hot under a glass lid thing! ANYWAY. it tasted goo din the end. And then i had about a million saucepans to wash up but hey, thats been done.
PHEW!! that was a long but there! Especially that first sentence,i see what you mean about breathing kat!
OOOO IM GOING PIRATE SPOTTING TOMORROW!
that reminds me, i better let paula know what's happening...
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am a little intrigued as to what pirate spotting is, are you going to see POTC2 by any chance?! I haven't seen it yet but my sister my friend and my dad have all seen it so I'm going to have to gag them if the subject comes up! lol. I'm expecting to see a much more toned helen when I see you next what with all the ironing, swimming and dog walking! I think I know who to come to now if I have something tricky to iron! I never iron anything! Have fun pirate spotting! lots of love, Nic xxx
POTC was immense! you have to see it. Though its really intense, like you have to be concentrating. And its totally full of surpirses like things you wouldnt guess at all esp. at the end! go see it its brill!!
yay yay yay yay!!! i lurved potc!!!
Post a Comment