Thursday, November 09, 2006

"The Dress" so far

Right I cut out the fabric yesterday and as a bit of a treat for actually doing some work today i took some time out this evening and started he sewing part of it all. So far I've done the darts and the sleeves and the shoulders. All hand stiching cos i dont have a machine so it took basically all evening. Anyway, enough talking here are some pictures!



The Pattern




The Dress hanging on the hanger does look a bit like a sack in the picture (front of left, back on right), but you can see the darts and get the general idea of where i've got so far. Its all very exciting for me anyway!

Hopefully me and heather will be having a bit of a sewing club at houseparty so i will get the sides done. I tried it on today with pins in it and it looked really good i was happy, esp. at the back!!

Cant wait til its finished. will keep you posted!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

looking good although it's kind of hard to tell what it will look like still. Enjoy houseparty, I hope you get lots done because I am excited to see it finished!!!!!!