Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Love, I Love

I love having my hair cut. I love going to the hairdresser's which is all nice and fancy and getting offered cups of tea and coffee which i never want. I love getting my hair washed in those sink things where they also tend to massage your head when applying conditioner. I love the care they take over cutting your hair. I love the way different stylists cut it in different ways. I love it when you get a stylist that actually talks about something real with you! I love the way they can use a million gorgeous smelling products on your hair and it still comes out looking amazing! I love the way they blow dry it straight and then straighten it with purple straighteners (v. cool) even though it is blatantly straight already. And I LOVE the student discount!!

I love being part of this world. I love the little insignificant things or incidents with people that can totally brighten up your moment and make you laugh out loud. I love the bus. I love the way you have the French-artist-looking-man who hops on with a big "hello!" and then pays his fare and carries on; The little old women with their amazingly soft wooly jumpers which look so warm and cosy and they just seem so sweet. I love the way you always get hassled by those marketing people on the street when you really don't want to; it's like they can almost read the "please don't pick me" sign written on your brain and therefore do pick you! I had a run in with this marketing guy the other day and we both got so confused and i ended up running off saying i "really had to go" (best known worst excuse ever!) but it made me smile! I love watching people. I love trying to work out what they're talking about. I love passing people in the street and catching tail ends of their conversations even when you have no clue what they are on about!

I love seeing people again even if you only knew them for a week before hand. I love getting away from people who know you so well, and being around those who don't and wont judge you and who you can just have a laugh with without then knowing ANYTHING else about you. I love that kind of relaxing company. I love being reminded of the truth. The simplest things which you forget all the time, but mean SO much when you hear them again.

"I love,I love" - I don't hate. I just love.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

amazing blog helen! How did you come up with that! I have a new insight into my lovely fried helen now! You're brill! Nic xxx

Katita said...

I love annonymity too. Sometimes it's great to be around people who know nothing about you, then you can be/say/do whatever you like because they don't know you as any different. It's great.

Amie said...

this was fun to read! HAve you just been to the hairdressers??????????? I Love sitting on big couches, drinking (any random flavour) latte and trying to read books I don't understand whilst avoiding making eye contact with cheeky waiters sitting next to you!!!!

Helen said...

I love doing that aswel! you must come back up sometime so we can go and do that again!! Have you used your mug yet, I havent got the guts to nick one or ask for one incase they say no!! I have indeed just had my hair cut, it was in need of one..my fringe was affecting my sight!X