Monday, August 25, 2008

Four Thousand Six Hundred and Twenty Seven



My Friend recently gave me a card with this on the front: "Love makes the world go round"...And I totally agree. Love is the only way.

I feel I've been learning a lot about love recently, but from the perspective that "God is love" and through that, what love therefore is, and what Love says about the way we should live our everyday lives and go about doing things.


The word "love" appears 697 times in the bible, and if we add to that that "God is love" (1 John 4:8), and the word God is mentioned 3930 times, then love comes up 4627 times - pretty (long-winded but) cool!!

I'm not even going to attempt to write a blog on Love, because it is so huge that I haven't even started learning about it! But when I saw this card, it just reminded me of how, I believe,..

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE. We were created in love, out of love, by God (who is love!), and we are instructed to love each other, our enemies, ourselves, and live in love (1 John 4:16) to become more like Jesus.

Sometimes, Love is all that makes sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must have spent a lot of time counting... I stuck a wee link to your blog from mine-hope you don't mind!