Thursday, July 17, 2008

Prince Caspian

I wrote a post for the first film of this series that came out - The lion, the witch and the wardrobe - so I thought it only right that i wrote one for the next, now that it is out in the cinema!

"King"
"What?!"
"It's 'King' Edmund, actually....but just 'King', Peter's the 'High King'...confusing I know..."!!

I went to see it yesterday in the evening...on my own, which I actually loved doing. It is so nice to feel confident in yourself enough to be able to go and do something like the cinema on your own (Plus i dont see the point in going as a "social" event to the cinema, you just sit in darkness and don't talk right?!).

Anyway, this film had SOO many comical moments - i almost wasn't sure whether they were actually trying to take the piss out of the film at the same time as trying to make it funny, it was really bizarre! But I guess humour attracts an audience, so in that sense i guess they were very clever to turn something like Narnia into a bit of a comedy fest as well(!!!).

Sometime I felt like I was watching Lord of the Rings though...there was a lot of battle and fighting!

I haven't read the book (which I am now sorely tempted to do) so I can't say whether the film was true to the book or not. It was DEFINTELY different to the original Narnia's (BBC, Prince Caspian, 1989)...I felt like I was waiting a long time before I actually recognised (from the BBC version) something that was going on!

Prince Caspian (aka Ben Barnes) is HOT. It is official!! Bit of a dodgy accent though...hmm...

Do Susan and Caspian have sexual tension in the book?! Hilarious cringworthy moments of "romance" between those two throughout the film, crack.me.up.!!!!

I want Susan's dresses - she gets so many nice costumes! Even when she is in chainmail and stuff for fighting, she still looks gorgeous!

I know that Narnia is linked to chrsitianity and Aslan is Jesus/God etc - this really hit home with me in this film. The power and might that Aslan construed really reminded me of the power that God has, and how incredibly awesome he is - and this is just from a film, God is unimaginably more than this in reality! Fearfully Awesome.

Go see it! - it is long yes, but it is good! worth the £7 (I miss being a student...)!

No comments: